Monday, November 8, 2010

Trials to Faith

Everyone has trials that are unique to their specific situation. We all experience things that test not only our patience but even sometimes our faith. Opposition is not meant to derail us from the right path that many of us are trying to go down. When handled in the right way the adversity that we go through can actually help to strengthen us and make us better people.

I just recently had surgery to remove my gallbladder. It is a pretty minor procedure so I was not too worried about the results. Going into the surgery I received a blessing from my mission president promising me that everything would go smoothly if I had faith in God. Over the past few days I have had a lot of time to think about things. I thought about where my faith is now and where I would like it to be. I thought about how I could improve and what I needed to do to see that improvement. I came to the realization that I truly do need to show my faith at all times. I know that God is there and that He is watching out for all of us.

Recovering has not been an easy thing but I have seen the blessings of God in helping me get through the days. I know that the trials we all face can help us increase in our own faith and trust as we allow them to. He is always there we just have to look to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment